Monday, July 2, 2012

‘Somehow’

Mitt has found his campaign style.  In a nutshell it can be summarized; I can promise you anything, just don’t ask me how.  It sounds like it would make a good country song.  I’ll tinker around with my guitar and let you know what chords should be played, but the lyrics go something like this;


“Baby, I’ll tell you anything you want.  Just give me what I want. 
“I can create jobs and make the economy grow  . . . somehow.              
“I can cut government spending and cut taxes . . .  somehow.
“I’ll tell you what you want.  Just give me what I want.
“I can fix immigration and education too . . . somehow. 
“I can deal with the healthcare system . . . somehow
“And entitlement programs will be no more . . . somehow.
“I’ll tell you what you want to hear.  Just give me what I want.
“Just make me president and all will be revealed.
“I’ll hide in the fog until the search party passes.
“Just make me president and all will be revealed . . .somehow.”
But how, specifically?   He ducks issues when pressed for answer. This is the Romney strategy.  He’s not telling.   Two clues as to what he might do?  He ships his personal money over to secret Swiss bank accounts, and is an expert in shipping jobs away from the American economy.  As the Washington Post recently pointed out:
“During the nearly 15 years that Romney was actively involved in running Bain, a private equity firm that he founded, it owned companies that were pioneers in the practice of shipping work from the United States to overseas call centers and factories making computer components, according to filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission.”


If we elect the man, there won't be much left for buyer's remorse,  Just Saying . . .

No comments: