Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Numbers In My Life


I tend to keep track of things.  As a youngster I found it helpful to keep track of my workouts as I trained for various running races.  When I entered college, I found it helpful to extend this practice to my studies.  And so on.  What follows are the numbers that were important to me at the end of 2013.

52
          The number of years married to my wonderful wife, Mary Ellen

315
         The number of workouts for the year

74
         The number of books read

142
         The number of rounds of golf played

27
         The number of concerts played (tuba)

21
         The number of days played (trombone) at the Salvation Army red kettle

875
         The number of dollars our Dixieland band received in donations for the red kettle in our two-hour appearance

108,209
         The number of words written to date on the new novel

2414
         The number of strokes taken while playing golf

184
         Number of pages in final draft of Serenity screenplay

30
         The number of blogs written this year

445
         The number of blogs written since 12/12/2006

No comments: